Before I dive into Thor #1 by Jason Aaron, I felt I should look over the series and find the questions that are still unanswered. I figured I might as well look for some possibilities as to why Thor Odinson is unworthy of Mjolnir now.
Mr. Aaron said Thor is just a continuation of his overall story so it makes sense that some of the loose ends from Thor: God of Thunder will be tied up, or at least revisited.
- The pact between Svartalfheim, Jotunheim, and Muspelheim
- Dario Agger (The Minotaur) and Roxxon are still out there with all of their evil business intentions
- Malekith and the Dark Elves
Items to Revisit:
- League of Realms
- Interplanetary Ice Pipeline
- The Butcher of Worlds: Galactus with the power of Gorr the God Butcher
- Return of Laufey
- Lady Waziria
Upcoming Items per Issue #25
- War of the Realms
- The rise of Malekith
- The return of the Minotaur
- The potential return of Laufey
Ideas on how Thor is unworthy:
- Helping Malekith secure the throne of Svartalfheim
- He’s just become too cocky, no longer wondering if he is worthy of the task to protect Midgard
- Not finishing off the God Butcher
- He was going to tell Gorr how to get into Asgard
Phew! That’s quite the queue Jason Aaron has built up. It’s quite exciting and even if we no longer see King Thor or Young Thor for awhile (boo) there are plenty of things to look forward to. I wonder, as well, will there be team ups between the Thors? Will they call each other Thor?
Who knows, but don’t worry about Thor Odinson. He will once again be worthy of Mjolnir. Just look at what King Thor is wielding throughout T:GoT. But seeing his reaction to his granddaughters even attempting to read the tale of these next adventures with the two Thors, I’m really looking forward to what is in store.