I thought I would share an awesome meat chowder we sometimes make. If you enjoy hearty meals and want to get really cozy during the winter, check this bad boy out!
Sheryl’s Meat Chowder
(NOTE: You can use any kind of meat combo you like. This one just happens to be the best.)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon
- 1/2 onion
- 2 boxes beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the onions in some butter on medium heat in a deep soup pot until soft
- Add meat, chop up and mix with onions
- Add seasonings and brown until no longer pink
- When the meat is done, add the broth, cream, and corn.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for at least 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with cheddar if you want.